Do you have a friend going through a divorce and don't know how to support her? In this episode, Grown Girl Divorce podcast host, Kimberly A. Cook, Esq., answers the following questions from listeners:
1. How can I support a friend going through a divorce?
2. Should I agree to testify as a witness in my friend's custody trial?
3. What boundaries should I put in place while supporting my friend through her divorce?
4. My friend wants me to attend her meetings with her lawyer. Should I?
5. Any recommendations for gifts for a friend going through a divorce?
Going through a divorce can be a tough time but having a friend to support you can make all the difference. Thank you for being that friend!
Grown Girl Divorce podcast is a space of relatability for Black women considering and going through a divorce. These are girlfriend conversations to educate and empower you through the process. Our host, Kimberly A. Cook, Esq., is a highly acclaimed divorce attorney and mediator breaking down divorce misinformation, dismantling stereotypes on Black families, and shining the light on the importance of diverse representation in family law. Grown Girl Divorce podcast guests are primarily women of color providing expert information or personal stories as a way to give voice to and support Black women going through divorce.
Be sure to check out our website for resources, information, free downloads, and more. Follow us on social media and listen to our Spotify playlists. We believe sharing is caring so please share our resources and information with your girlfriends, colleagues, and family, because you never know who needs the support.